Tuesday 21 March 2017

I DREW SO MANY FACES!!!

Most of my freelance illustration projects include illustrating for merchandise, packaging or illustration branding, etc. However, a few days back I received a request from a lovely client from Goa to draw a couple of portraits. She mentioned that she wanted to print these portraits out on cards that would be gifted to people, so I suggested getting them printed myself because I wanted the end product to be as perfect as the artworks themselves and she felt the same.

I then set out to illustrate around 10 portraits and since I haven't done something like this before for a client, I wanted to add my own touch to the usual portrait look. So, it was while colouring the portraits that I started having so much fun experimenting with technique and colour and the end product was something that I was quite happy with. :)

I then set out to the printers and got these colourful faces printed onto a paper of my choice (because I am OCD about paper like that) and saw that they were perfectly cut and creased into these pretty little cards.








To my excitement, I bagged another portrait project immediately after through the same client. Her friend wanted a portrait that would be gifted to someone as a birthday gift. This is what I made for him.

This portrait was also delivered to the client after I got it printed and framed so that he could gift it to his friend directly. This is what I made for the second client.

 I am surprised as to how much fun I actually had with these projects because it was something different from what I usually do, and I hope I get many more of them. I hope everyone is having the most amazing week, I sure am. See you guys soon!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danica...would love to know how you made these...hand drawn digitally rendered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayatri, all these illustrations have first been hand drawn and then digitally rendered on Photoshop using the Wacom Intuos. :)

      Delete